Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to help solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges.
Responsible for overall management and objectives of Parker Insurance Program. Works with Parker’s Risk Management Committee, Director of Risk Management and the Manager of Risk Management Operations to set strategy for insurance, alternative risk financing, Parker’s Captive, and related matters. Coordinates GRC property loss control audits with Parker EHS department.
REPORTS TO: Director, Risk Management
DIRECT REPORTS: Oversees Parker insurance brokers and underwriters; coordinates GRC Property Loss Control audits with Parker EHS department
- Oversee all property and casualty insurance programs.
- Work with Director of Risk Management to evaluate and recommend appropriate risk financing methods to RM Committee.
- Act as Chief Operating Officer of Parker captive.
- Manage services provided by Parker insurance brokers and insurers.
- Review and correct all insurance binders, certificates, and policies.
- Act as resource to identify and assess insurable risks associated with Parker operations.
- Provide consultation and technical advice on insurance issues to internal Insurable Risk management and Division management and staff.
- Coordinate renewal strategy meetings and Annual Stewardship meetings with brokers.
- Oversee gathering of renewal information and preparation of renewal documents and recommendations.
- Maintain history of insurance policies and related documentation, including for acquired companies and operations.
COMMUNICATION & COLLABORATION
- Prepare insurance reports for RM Committee and the Acadia Board and management.
- Works with EHS department to coordinate property loss control audits and maintains data on recommendations
- Works with Internal Audit, Compliance & ERM department on Sarbanes-Oxley and other compliance and ERM issues.
- Assist with insurance and risk management due diligence reviews for mergers and acquisitions
- Contribution to the Parker Risk Leadership Team
- Completion of annual objectives
- Quality and accuracy of renewal documentation
- Accuracy of final insurance binders and policies
- Quality and accuracy of insurance reports
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance required; advanced degree a plus
- ARM, CPCU, or another risk management or insurance designation desirable
- Five to ten years of risk management and/or insurance experience, with at least three in a risk management or insurance position at a large company.
- Thorough knowledge of all lines of property and casualty insurance.
- Knowledge of and experience with captive insurers and other alternative financing mechanisms.
- Able to generate new ideas, champion different approaches, exhibit leadership abilities and encourage teamwork by actively supporting others
- Results oriented with a sound knowledge of the business environment and able to communicate ideas in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to communicate findings to non-techs.
- Ability to solve practical problems in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Computer skills in Windows environment, working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, RMIS systems
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. (“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”) If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf